The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. Crooked teeth, a maloccluded bite and crowded teeth can all leave you feeling self-conscious about your smile. They can also increase your risk of experiencing certain dental health problems. Teeth that are uneven, crowded or gapped can be hard to keep clean, which means they may be more susceptible to accumulate plaque and tartar. A maloccluded bite can increase the risk of tooth grinding or TMJ disorders.
Invisalign clear braces provides an alternative to patients who may have delayed or avoided orthodontics because they are unwilling or unable to wear metal braces. Invisalign is designed to straighten your teeth with virtually invisible aligners. Made of smooth plastic, they fit comfortably and are unlikely to irritate cheeks and lips the way metal braces can. They are removable, which means you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods, and your teeth will be easier to keep clean without any need for special tools.
- The clear aligners are made through a combination of Dr. West‘s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. West has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. West about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.