COVID-19 INFORMATION AND CLINIC CHANGES:
Our goal is to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff, and to advance the safety of our local community. The COVID‐19 virus is a serious and highly contagious disease. The World Health Organization has classified it as a pandemic. You could contract COVID‐19 from a variety of sources. Our practice wants to ensure you are aware of the additional risks of contracting COVID‐19 while receiving dental care.
The COVID‐19 virus has a long incubation period. You or your healthcare providers may have the virus and not show symptoms and yet still be highly contagious. Determining who is infected by COVID‐19 is challenging and complicated due to limited availability of virus testing.
Due to the frequency and timing of visits by other dental patients, the characteristics of the virus, and the characteristics of dental procedures, there is an elevated risk of you contracting the virus simply by being in a dental office.
Dental procedures create water spray which is one way the disease is spread. The ultra‐fine water droplets can linger in the air for a long time, allowing transmission of the COVID‐19 virus to those nearby.
You cannot wear a protective mask over your mouth to prevent infection during treatment as your health care providers need access to your mouth to render care. This leaves you vulnerable to COVID‐19 transmission while receiving dental treatment.
Before your appointment, we will have patients acknowledge that there is an increased risk of contracting the COVID‐19 virus in the dental office or with dental treatment. Patients will need to agree that they understand and accept the additional risk of contracting COVID‐19 from contact at this office and also acknowledge that you could contract the COVID‐19 virus outside of this office in circumstances unrelated to your visit here. Patients will be responsible for a $10 charge per appointment to cover the additional required personal protective equipment, as well as a $1 charge for a mask if you do not provide your own.
ALSO, IF YOU CAN ANSWER “YES” TO ANY OF OUR COVID-19 SCREENING QUESTIONS BELOW, PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Have you had a fever in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you developed a cough in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you had any flu-like symptoms in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with the COVID-19 virus in the last 2 weeks?
Our goal here at New Brighton Family Dentistry is to provide extraordinary and comprehensive dental care to our patients in a welcoming, friendly and caring environment by educating and encouraging them toward the goal of optimal oral health.
- We are committed to continuing our education and sharing our knowledge with each other and our patients.
- We are devoted to exceeding expectations in serving each other with care and respect.
- We are a strong team of dental professionals who enjoy working together to support our patients and each other.
- We strive to surpass our patient’s fears with compassion, excellence, and value.
- We understand that all of our patients are individuals, each of whom has their own personal needs and concerns.
- We are here to help our patients enjoy the lifetime of complete dental health.
- We want you to be comfortable while you are here. We offer NITROUS OXIDE (laughing gas) to patients who may have dental anxiety to help make your appointment painless and more pleasant.
New Brighton Family Dentistry
Monday: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Friday: 9:00 am- 2:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am- 1:00 pm
Call today to schedule an appointment!